Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Differences Between Boys and Girls!

As Cody gets older we have been noticing the differences between boys and girls. Our little Brylie never got into things. She never emptied cupboards or put random things in her mouth. Cody on the other hand is teaching us that little boys are very different. Today he decided to give us a big lesson! He went into our bathroom, used Brylie's stool and got a box of cough syrup we had on the counter. He took the bottle out of the box and opened it (child proof bottle - don't ask me how). Then he got one of Brylie's little bathroom cups and poured the cough syrup into the cup and then drank it. Fortunately, the cough syrup was less than half full and when he poured it, most of it went on his clothes and in the sink. That was how I found him. I panicked. I didn't know how much he actually drank. His face and hands were sticky. After a quick phone call to poison control we ended up monitoring him for an hour and he seemed fine and never became sleepy.

Our little boy is fine. We were lucky. But Mom and Dad learned a big lesson today. Even child proof containers can't stop a curious little boy. We will now be moving all medicine to very, very high, hidden places. And yes, our cleaners are in a locked cabinet.










7 comments:

Russells said...

Your kids are so adorable! I love his little face in the last picture it has mischievous written all over it. So I think we have the exact dining room table, good taste.

The Platts said...

I am loving the spiked hair on Cody! He looks so big!!

THE KLUNKERS said...

What a stinker!! But a dang cute one :) I love these pictures. Sorry to say they are just like their dad!!

TJ said...

Yes, I removed the lock on your cabinet under the sink in the kitchen because it was rubbing against the soft alder wood and ruining it....Carter always gets in it now and sees the big bottle of pinesol from costco and says "juice!"...good reminder, better move that stuff!

Balser said...

I'm so glad he's okay! Alyssa did that with her Benedryl. I found her with the empty bottle! I understand your panic! I think now that kid's meds taste better they think it's a treat and they try to get into them. I don't think it happened as much when we were little and the meds were nasty! (Still happened though I'm sure!) How do they figure these things out though!?! How's your pregnancy doing?

adrianne s. said...

Cody totally looks like he could get into some very cute, very big trouble!! Thanks goodness he was okay!

The Bullards said...

This reminds me so much of my kids - my calm little daughter and my crazy, fearless, into everything son!!! Dillon got into our 'child-proof' cupboard and ate Comet a few months back!!