Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Jubilee of Trees

You may know it as the Festival of Trees, but in St. George we call it the Jubilee of Trees. Same concept as it's northern counterpart, just a whole lot smaller. We enjoy our small town St. George festivities anyway!


Every year we go to the Dickens Festival (in St. George) just to get our pictures taken with the best Santa there ever was! We have pictures with this Santa every Christmas since Brylie was tiny. Unfortunately we will be in Disneyland this year during the Dickens Festival and won't get our annual Santa picture. (I almost considered cancelling Disneyland when I discovered this dilemma!) Michael talked some sense into me, and with much regret I had to settle for the Jubilee of Trees Santa.



What is the scariest thing you can think of for a 2 year old?................................................................

Well Santa of course. Think about it. Old guy with a weird outfit and a beard trying to hold you on his lap. If I was 2 I'd run and scream too! Which is exactly what my little boy did. After a lot of convincing and bribing, I was able to get him to be in the picture with me sitting on Santa's lap and holding Cody. He still wouldn't take the candy cane from Santa and I had to get it and give it to him later.



We also had the opportunity to check out the newest life flight helicopter for Dixie. It was fun to look inside and get in a real helicopter. The kids loved it.









1 comment:

Eryn White said...

I haven't been able to look at blogs for awhile so I have been getting caught up with you guys for the last two months or so. Looks like you guys are having lots of fun and seeing the world!Your kids are cuter than ever! Hope all is well in Disneyland!